Using Your Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware with Ceramic Interior
- Before using your cookware for the first time, hand-wash with warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly, then season by lightly rubbing cooking oil onto the cooking surface and heating over medium heat for two to three minutes. When cool, hand-wash in warm, soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use nonstick aerosol cooking sprays in your cookware. They will leave a residue, which may be difficult to remove, and will cause foods to stick to the cookware.
- To preserve the look and performance of your pans, we recommend using silicone, nylon, bamboo or wood utensils when cooking. Regardless of how hard the cooking surface is, using metal utensils or sharp objects may damage the cooking surface over time.
- Cook using low to medium heat only. Tri-Ply Clad cookware construction requires only low
to medium heat to sauté, fry or cook most foods. Using a high heat setting can permanently discolor and damage your cookware.
- Keep the cookware on the burner only during the necessary time for cooking. Do not overheat empty cookware or allow gas flames to extend up sides of pans and overheat handles.
- Your cookware is oven-safe up to 500°F (260°C). Even though, the handles are oven-safe, they will get hot in the oven and on the stove top, particularly gas stoves where an open flame is used. Therefore, please use protective mitts to safely handle hot cookware. Do not use under an oven broiler unit
- To prevent warping, avoid sudden temperature changes such as immersing hot cookware in cold water. Always let the cookware cool before washing.
Cleaning and Caring For Your Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware
- Interior Cleaning: The smooth ceramic cooking surface on your cookware ensures easy cleanup with just soap and water. Should burnt grease or food residue collect on the surface, it can usually be removed with warm water and a mild detergent. For extreme cases, residue can be removed with a thorough cleaning using Soft Scrub®. Do not use abrasive cleansers, steel wool or coarse scouring pads.
- Over time the food-release characteristics of the ceramic coating may fade. To revitalize the performance of the ceramic coating, simply re-season your cookware.
- Your cookware is dishwasher-safe. However, we recommend hand-washing and drying to optimize the life and performance of the interior and exterior finishes.
- Exterior Cleaning: Prolonged exposure to high heat settings may cause your cookware to discolor. To recondition your cookware or to remove stubborn spots or stains, use a nonabrasive pad and quality stainless steel cleanser such as Bar Keepers Friend®.
• TO AVOID INJURY, ALWAYS USE PROTECTIVE MITTS TO SAFELY HANDLE HOT COOKWARE.
• USE ONLY LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT
• OVEN-SAFE UP TO 500ºF (260ºC)