- Before using chafing dish, hand-wash with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Always operate chafing dish on a level, sturdy table or other flat, stable surface.
- Keep chafing dish away from children, and always store fuel burner and chafing fuel in a child-safe place.
- Always make sure water and food pans are placed correctly and fit securely on the stand.
- The food pan is safe for preheating food in oven at temperatures up to 390 F (198 C). However, prolonged oven use at high temperatures may cause discoloration.
- The water pan may be used on stovetop or as a roasting pan without lid. It is oven-proof at temperatures up to 390 F (198 C).
- The glass lid is oven-proof at temperatures up to 350 F (176 C) and should not be placed on cold surfaces or immersed in cold water when hot.
- Always use a hot pad or oven mitt.
- Use caution when removing lid by tilting, so steam is directed away from you. Place carefully in lid holder when serving.
TO AVOID INJURY OR SPILLS, DO NOT MOVE OR CARRY STAND WHILE CHAFING DISH IS FULL OR FUEL BURNER IS LIT. REMOVE GLASS LID FROM LID HOLDER BEFORE REMOVING FOOD PAN OR WATER PAN TO PREVENT CHAFING DISH FROM TIPPING OVER.
DO NOT USE DENATURED ALCOHOL OR LIQUID CHAFING FUEL.
- Your chafing dish is equipped with a fuel burner that is designed for use with bottled gel fuel or prepackaged 7 oz. fuel cans, like Sterno® Brand Chafing Fuel, which can be obtained at most grocery, hardware or restaurant supply stores.
- Remove adjustable control top from fuel burner before inserting fuel. For prepackaged fuel, open a 7 oz. fuel can and insert into fuel burner provided. For bottled gel fuel, fill fuel burner provided about 2⁄3 full. For wick form fuel, insert canister into fuel burner provided. DO NOT OVERFILL AND NEVER REFILL WHEN FUEL BURNER IS HOT. Align dots on either side of cover with recessed slots in base and push down and clockwise to lock.
- Immediately wipe away any spilled fuel. Always move container of fuel away from fuel burner before lighting.
- Set water pan into base and fill with water. Do not exceed waterline mark inside pan. Water may be preheated for faster operation.
- Place fuel burner on stand and use a match or long-tipped lighter to light at center hole. Periodically check water level, as water will evaporate.
- Use moveable handle on fuel burner to adjust flame. For more heat, leave holes open. To reduce heat, rotate handle to partially cover holes.
- Keep flame extinguisher handy while chafing dish is in use, so flame can be extinguished when cooking/ heating is complete. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BLOW OUT FLAME.
- For best heat efficiency, keep lid on food pan.
- Do not move or tip fuel burner and/or stand once fuel burner is lit.
- NEVER ADD FUEL TO A LIT OR HOT FUEL BURNER. Always extinguish flame and allow fuel burner to cool before refueling.
- To extinguish flame, place flame extinguisher on fuel burner. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BLOW OUT FLAME. Allow fuel burner and fuel to cool before handling.
- Properly dispose of fuel before cleaning or storing fuel burner. DO NOT STORE FUEL BURNER FILLED WITH FUEL.