Use and Care
SEASON YOUR COOKWARE BEFORE ITS FIRST USE
DO NOT USE NONSTICK AEROSOL COOKING SPRAYS
USE ONLY LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT
USE ONLY SILICONE, NYLON, BAMBOO OR WOOD UTENSILS
Using your Ceramica_01 Deluxe Cookware
- Before using your cookware for the first time, hand-wash with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. Then season by lightly rubbing cooking oil onto the cooking surface and heating the cookware over medium heat for two to three minutes. When cool, hand-wash in warm, soapy water and rinse.
- Do not use nonstick aerosol cooking sprays in your cookware. They will leave a residue, which may be difficult to remove, and will cause foods to stick to the cookware.
- To preserve the look and performance of your pans, we recommend using silicone, nylon, bamboo or wood utensils when cooking. Regardless of how hard the cooking surface is, using metal utensils or sharp objects may damage the cooking surface over time and void the warranty.
- Cook or boil using low to medium heat only. Since aluminum yields excellent conductivity and delivers even heat distribution, the usage of high heat is not necessary. In fact, the use of high heat can permanently discolor and damage your cookware and void the warranty.
- Keep the cookware on the burner only during the necessary time for cooking. Do not overheat empty cookware.
- Your cookware is oven-safe up to 500 F (260 C). Even though the handles are oven-safe, they will get hot in the oven and on the stove top, particularly gas stoves where an open flame is used. Therefore, please use protective mitts when handling the cookware. Do not use under an oven broiler unit.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes such as immersing hot cookware in cold water. Always let the cookware cool before washing.
Cleaning and Caring for your Ceramic Cookware
Interior Cleaning: The ceramic cooking surface on your cookware ensures easy cleanup with just soap and water. Should burnt grease or food residue collect on the surface, it can usually be removed with warm water and a mild detergent. For extreme cases, residue can be removed with a thorough cleaning using Soft Scrubĺ¨. Do not use abrasive cleansers, steel wool or coarse scouring pads.
Over time the nonstick characteristics of the ceramic coating may fade. To revitalize the nonstick performance of the ceramic coating, simply re-season your cookware.
Your cookware is dishwasher-safe. However, we recommend hand-washing and drying to optimize the life and performance of the interior and exterior finishes.