Using Your Prima Tri-Ply Base 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware
- Before using your cookware for the first time, hand-wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Cook or boil using low to medium heat only. Tri-ply base cookware construction requires only low to medium heat to sauté, fry or cook most foods. Using a high heat setting causes the cookware to become very hot, which may cause foods to stick, burn or scorch if added to very hot cookware.
- Keep the cookware on the burner only during the necessary time for cooking or boiling. Do not overheat empty cookware or allow gas flames to extend up sides of pans and overheat handles.
- Your cookware is oven-safe up to 500 F (260 C). Even though the handles and lids are oven-safe, they will get hot in the oven and on the stovetop, particularly gas stoves where an open flame is used. Therefore, please use protective mitts to safely handle hot cookware.
- Do not leave or store food remains in the cookware for long periods of time. Superficial pitting may occur if very salty or acidic foods (such as tomatoes) are left in the cookware.
- To prevent warping, avoid sudden temperature changes such as immersing hot cookware in cold water. Always let the cookware cool before washing.
Cleaning and Caring For Your Prima Tri-Ply Base 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware
- Stainless steel cookware is dishwasher-safe. However, we recommend hand-drying the cookware immediately after the rinse cycle or hand-washing and drying to preserve the original finish.
- Prolonged exposure to high heat settings may cause your cookware to discolor. To recondition your cookware or to remove stubborn spots or stains, use a nonabrasive pad and quality stainless steel cleanser such as Bar Keepers Friend.
• TO AVOID INJURY, ALWAYS USE PROTECTIVE MITTS TO SAFELY HANDLE HOT COOKWARE.
• USE ONLY LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT
• OVEN-SAFE UP TO 500 F (260 C)