Using Your Steak Knives
- Before using your steak knives for the first time, hand-wash with warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or leave food residue on the knives for long periods of time. Superficial pitting and/or staining on the blades may occur if very salty or acidic foods are left on the knives.
- It is never a good idea to leave your knives in the sink. You may cut yourself reaching in and may also damage the blades by jostling them against the sink bottom and other metal utensils.
- You can use either wood or poly cutting boards with your knives. We do not recommend glass or marble cutting surfaces, since they will damage the serrated edges.
- Avoid using the knives as a can opener, screwdriver or chisel. Never pry or twist the blades. Knives are cutting instruments and the blade may be damaged with improper use.
Cleaning and Caring For Your Steak Knives
- Although the knives are water-resistant and dishwasher-safe, harsh dishwasher detergents may dull the finish of the handles and stain the blades over time. Automatic dishwashing can also damage the blades by knocking them against other utensils. Therefore, to preserve the beauty and cutting performance of your knives, we recommend hand washing and thoroughly drying after each use.
• ALWAYS CUT AWAY FROM YOUR BODY.
• NEVER TRY TO CATCH A FALLING KNIFE.
• AFTER HANDLING A KNIFE, ALWAYS SET IT DOWN SAFELY WITH THE BLADE FACING AWAY FROM YOU.
• NEVER USE YOUR KNIVES TO OPEN BOXES, OR OTHERWISE STAB, PULL OR LIFT MATERIALS OTHER THAN FOOD.
• AVOID STORING CUTLERY LOOSE IN A DRAWER. THE INCLUDED HARDWOOD STORAGE BLOCK IS IDEAL FOR ORGANIZING AND SAFELY STORING CUTLERY.
KNIVES ARE SHARP. HANDLE CAREFULLY.
DO NOT LEAVE WITHIN CHILDREN’S REACH.
Using Your Hardwood Storage Block
Your storage block is designed to be used in a drawer or mounted on the wall.
• Select the most convenient drawer in your kitchen and simply place your block flat in the drawer. Then carefully insert the knives in the proper slots.
• Remember to remove all knives before mounting your wooden block. Wall-mounting slots are precut on the back of your block for your convenience. Choose a suitable place to hang your cutlery block.
• Drill two holes in the wall aligned with the holes in the block and insert the appropriate wall anchors. Anchors may vary depending on wall construction.
• Mount the cutlery set to the wall with two screws appropriately sized for the selected wall anchors. Note: Screws and wall anchors are not included due to varying wall construction types. Therefore, we recommend consulting your local hardware store for the purchase of the proper hardware. Make sure the block is properly anchored and secure on the wall before inserting your knives.
Cleaning and Caring For Your Hardwood Storage Block
• Simply use a damp cloth to wipe down the block.
• Do not immerse in water, as exposing wood to excessive amounts of water can cause the block to warp or crack.