Using Your Copper Clad Mixing Bowls
- To preserve the copper finish during transportation and store display, a temporary and transparent coating was applied to the exterior copper surface during manufacturing.
- Hand-wash only with warm, soapy water this will dissolve the transparent coating.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly using a nonabrasive cloth.
- To preserve the interior finish of the bowls, we recommend using only silicone, nylon, bamboo or wood utensils. Using metal utensils will scratch the interior surface.
- Do not leave or store food in the mixing bowls for long periods of time. Superficial pitting may occur if very salty or acidic foods (such as tomatoes) are left in the bowls.
- The mixing bowls are not suitable for stove-top, oven or microwave use.
Cleaning and Caring For Your Copper Clad Mixing Bowls
To preserve the beauty and exterior copper finish of the mixing bowls, please follow these cleaning and caring instructions:
- Hand-wash only using a nonabrasive pad. Due to the copper exterior finish, these mixing bowls are not dishwasher-safe. We recommend hand-drying the mixing bowls immediately after hand-washing to preserve the original finish.
- Cooking professionals and enthusiasts desire and prefer kitchenware items with a copper exterior for many reasons, including the rich and unique exterior patina.
- All copper surfaces darken when exposed to air and from use, and will develop a distinctive exterior patina. This is a normal characteristic of kitchenware items with a copper exterior, and does not inhibit the item’s performance.
- To recondition the copper exterior to a bright finish, use a nonabrasive cloth and quality copper cleaner, such as Wright’s Copper Cream®.