Dark Chocolate Pistachio Truffles February 14, 2018 – Posted in: Recipes
Classy doesn’t have to be complicated. These treats are as simple as they are scrumptious.
These truffles are perfectly indulgent. They’re rich enough to satisfy any chocoholic, with just a hint of sweetness. If pistachios don’t do it for you, switch them out for your favorite nut, espresso powder, cocoa powder, or sprinkles.
1/2 lb. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoon light agave syrup
2 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- Place chocolate in medium ceramic bowl. In small saucepan, combine cream and agave and heat on medium. Bring to simmer for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate has melted. If it doesn’t melt, place in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval. Be careful not to overheat.
- Once melted, add butter and stir until incorporated.
- Place mixture in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Line baking sheet or multiple plates (you’ll need to fit them in your refrigerator) with parchment or wax paper.
- Place pistachios in a small bowl.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop (preferably a #60 or about the size of 2 teaspoons) scoop out truffle mixture. You should be able to scoop the mixture easily from the bowl, while the truffle holds its half-spherical shape when released.
- Drop each truffle into the pistachios and gently roll to coat. Place each truffle on the prepared baking sheets or plates.
- Place back into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Truffles will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 2 weeks. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Tartine Bakery by “Elisabeth M. Prueitt”