Stovetop Chocolate Chipotle CakePrep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 1 cake loaf
For the cake
1. Cream together butter, sugar and salt.
2. Add eggs. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and chipotle powder.
5. Add ½ of the buttermilk.
6. Add ½ of the dry ingredients.
7. Add remaining buttermilk.
8. Add remaining dry ingredients.
9. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
10. Spoon cake batter into the sprayed LYON Loaf Pan insert and place in LYON 6 Qt. Covered Square Roaster. Cover with the lid.
11. Turn burner to low-medium heat.
12. Bake on top of the stove for 1 hour 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of
the cake should come out clean.
13. Remove cake pan from roasting pan and allow cake to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes
before removing it to finish cooling on a rack.
14. While cake is cooling, sift 2 cups of confectionersʼ sugar in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons
of lemon juice to bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add a few drops of water until glaze falls easily
from the spoon.
15. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
Allow glaze to completely dry before serving.
The chipotle powder lends a special "heat" at the end, and can be adjusted to taste.