|Use and Care
Conditioning LYON Cookware
- Before using your cookware for the first time, hand-wash with warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Put a small amount of cooking oil on a paper towel and wipe inside the pan.
- Heat the pan at a low to medium temerature for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let the pan cool. Hand wash in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Using LYON Cookware
LYON cookware works on all heating surfaces and is compatible with induction, gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops.
- When using pans on induction or ceramic stovetops, always lift them to move to avoid scratching the cooktop. Do not slide.
- Use low to medium heat only, as aluminum yields excellent conductivity and delivers even heat distribution. High heat can permanently discolor and damage your cookware, voiding the lifetime warranty.
- Use wood, nylon or silicone utensils to avoid damaging the nonstick surface of the cookware. Metal utensils or sharp cooking tools will damage the cookware over time. NEVER cut food on the nonstick surface.
- Do not use nonstick aerosol cooking sprays. Sprays leave a residue, which may be difficult to remove and cause food to stick.
Cooking and Baking Safely
- The unique uni-body design of the LYON cookware system provides maximum and even heat conductivity, performance and retention. The extra-heavy gauge vessel retains heat much longer than other conventional cookware, even after removal from a heat source. To avoid injury, always use protective pot holders or oven mitts when handling hot cookware.
- Keep LYON cookware on the burner only when cooking or baking. Do not heat empty cookware.
- For some recipes, preheating an empty pan may be required; however, never heat an empty pan for an extended period of time.
- If using a gas stove, do not allow flames to extend up the sides of the cookware and overheat handles.
- The pan lids, stainless steel handles and knobs will get hot in the oven and on the stovetop.
- Use two hands when lifting heavier pieces.
- Your cookware is oven-safe at temperatures up to 550°F (287°C).
- Do not use cookware under an oven broiler unit.
- Always let the cookware cool before washing. DO NOT immerse hot cookware in cold water.
- Keep hot pans out of the reach of children.
Cleaning LYON Cookware
- The nonstick coating on LYON cookware ensures easy cleanup with soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- LYON cookware is dishwasher-safe. However, we recommend hand-washing and drying to maintain the finish. For best results, recondition the surface prior to next use.
- Burnt grease or food residue can be removed with warm water and a mild detergent. For extreme cases, residue can be removed with a thorough cleaning using Soft Scrub® (without bleach).
- Do not use abrasive cleansers, steel wool or coarse scouring pads.
For more detailed information on the line, visit our LYON website: www.tramontina.com/QR/Lyon
Click here to download and print a PDF copy of the Product Manual.
TRAMONTINA LIMITED EDITIONS is an exclusive collection of exceptional kitchenware items featuring exquisite design, superb quality and precise engineering. All items are manufactured of premium materials and constructed with impeccable craftsmanship, resulting in outstanding products.
<<< Previous | Home> Our Products > Cookware > Cookware Collections > Limited Editions